By Dumisani O.Nkomo
Yes I can ,even when I feel I can’t, I can because He can
Though I may not have a cent for rent
And each day is a chapter of sadness
He can open a chapter of gladness
I can because He can
When then is no relish for my sadza or sadza for my relish,
Yes I can because I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor the godly begging for bread
Yes I can .though I am hard pressed on every side I am not crushed
Perplexed but not distressed
Struck down but not destroyed
Persecuted but not abandoned
Yes I can
In a nation where “ukujomba’is an institution and unemployment a profession
I can because He because He can supply all my needs according to His riches in Glory
Yes I can even when my dreams are shattered and my heart broken
He shall end my nightmares and mend my heart ,blessings He shall send
Yes He can carve a bright tomorrow from dark yesterdays
He can drill a pathway of hope through the hard rock of impossibility
I can because He can
Though darkness may linger a bit longer
I will not despair because joy comes in the morning
The darkest hour comes before dawn
He has turned my mourning into dancing
Yes I can even when the past conspires with the present to overthrow my future
I can because He can
I can because I am designed to conquer ,fashioned to succeed
I will not be deterred by disappointment because I have a date with destiny
Victory is injected in my veins
I am intoxicated with faith
Saturated with the anointing
This faith unlocks the doors of the future
Yes I can face tomorrow
I cannot afford to a doubt because doubt is a rehearsal for failure
But joy is enjoying the future in advance
Yes I can because this faith sees the unseen ,hears the unheard
This faith makes us tread on untrodden paths ,to chart new territories
Yes we can because He can
No mountain is too high to scale
No valley too steep to ascend from
No crater too deep for Him to descend to
Yes we can because He can build a new future from the fragments of our past
Yes I can because no weapon fashioned against me will prosper
I can ,because He can do the impossible
I can because He is able to do what He said He would do
Yes I can because greater is He that is me than the one who is in the world
I can ,not because of what is around me but what is in me
Yes I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength
No comments:
Post a Comment